Global Health Certificate
Global health is interdisciplinary involving political, cultural, economic and environmental considerations that affect the health of communities and individuals around the world.
The goal of global health is to promote population health, safety and well-being, and to eliminate health and social disparities worldwide. Global health professionals develop innovative solutions to challenging health problems, particularly in resource-limited environments.
|Starting in:||Fall / Spring|
|Location:||Fairborn, OH, United States|
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Identify strategies that strengthen community capabilities for overcoming barriers to health and well-being.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills that demonstrate willingness to collaborate, trust building abilities, and respect for other perspectives.
- Identify and respond with integrity and professionalism to ethical issues in diverse economic, political, and cultural contexts.
- Apply the health equity and social justice framework for the analysis of strategies to address health disparities across different populations.
- Critically appraise evaluation and research related to global health.
- Enhance socio-cultural and political awareness.
- Apply systems thinking to analyze a diverse range of complex and interrelated factors shaping health at local, national, and international levels.
“Location was the reason I came here; however, the quality education, convenient campus, and friendly faculty and staff kept me here.”
Maha Alqallaf (Kuwait) // Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering
- International Human Rights
- International Organization
Students may choose to complete the Global Health Certificate with three courses and a global health practicum (11 credits) or three courses without the practicum (9 credits). The 11 credits option is more appropriate for those pursuing a global health career because it includes a global health practicum. The Certificate Director can provide guidance regarding the most suitable path for the student to follow based on future career plans.